Retour à la liste
08/08/2014 - Recrutement
INTERN IN SUPPORT
|Référence||Date limite Septembre 2014|
|Secteur||Industrie agro alimentaire|
|Description||Référence : For the past 10 years, Oxfam has been a leading international NGO actor and voice on extractive industries issues. Our Extractive Industries Program works with local partner NGOs in four countries in West Africa (Burkina, Ghana, Mali and Senegal) and we are leading the Extractive component into the joint regional analysis strategy (JRAS) that we share with seven other affiliates in eleven countries in West and Central Africa.
The Intern will support the implementation of the Extractive Industries Program activities. The intern is expected to work closely with all key actors in the process under the Interim Regional Program Coordinator supervision (IRPC).
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Provide support to the IRPC in the process elaboration of the Senegal Governance Program Strategic Paper by accomplishing some specific tasks (documentary review, papers review and editing, organizations and documentation of meetings, etc.)
• Provide support for the hiring and management of consultants in Mali and Senegal for a scoping exercise in both countries
• Provide support for the management of the grant making process by accomplishing some specific tasks (review of concepts and budgets, follow up with partners, etc.)
Qualification / Formation :
Relevant Bachelor degree, in a development-related field, preferably in political science, international relations, law & human rights or similar or equivalent experience in closely related field;
Experience & core competencies required.
The candidate should have at least 2 years of experience with professional background in the fields of governance and human rights issues in West Africa. Specific experience on Extractive issues could be an advantage. The candidate should also have:
• Experience in working on Governance and/or Extractives Industries related issues
• Experience in working with non-governmental and community-based organizations in West Africa
• Experience in partnership, networks, grant management & program development
• Understanding of linking program work to lobby and advocacy, and to media work.
• Excellent computer skills
• Excellent communication skills and fluent command of especially French and English, both in writing and speaking.
• Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally;
• Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts;
• Excellent research skills, including desk and field research;
• Highly organized, prompt, detail and deadline oriented.
|Adresse||Rue MZ 210 Fenêtre Mermoz
Immeuble sis Lot 171
BP 7200 Dakar, Sénégal
|Téléphone||(221) 33 869 02 99|
|Fax||(221) 33 824 29 55|